Sunday, February 14, 2010

A little more information...

I wanted to add a little bit more about us and why I think we want to accomplish this 100 mile (in our worlds epic) hike...

First; I'd say in different parts of my life I've been active but I've never participated in an outdoor adventure such as this. I've never climbed a mountain or spent more than a couple days backpacking. I feel, as I think John and Sean do as well, that this is an attainable goal that will take more than a couple training hikes to prepare for. The preperation will be great but the payoff will be as well.

Second; I've always stated that I'm a big fan of being outdoors, playing outdoors, hiking, and camping but I too easily let life take over and spend more time on the couch, working, and sitting through my week to week. This is a good opportunity to put our money where our mouth is and get outside. I'd honestly like to think we can remain in a shape throughout the year that will allow for more serious trips each summer.

Third; we aren't getting any younger and if we don't start making some active attempts at getting in shape we won't get any thinner either. I don't like my activity level over the last year (i have some good excuses) and I know Sean and John have similar goals to get in shape and drop some LB's. Say goodbye to 'junior'!

Look - you're dealing with a teacher, a theater tech, and a mortgage banker... all in our early 30's... who might be having a third life crises... we're three average guys who want to show or friends, family, and ourselves that if we put our minds to something we can attain it....

Wish us luck,

J

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed. This will be a very cool adventure. Oh, and just so you know, you're not fat. In fact you guys look good! Have a great time and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete